Businesses offering an annual average of 20 employment positions are required to reserve five percent of these positions for employees with severe disabilities.
A corresponding report is to be filed with the responsible employment agency no later than March 31st of the following year. Every business is required to file said report.
Businesses failing to employ the required quota of severely disabled employees have to pay a compensation fee. The fee is payable, without official request, to the integration office responsible for the seat of the employers main office.
Per month and unfilled reserved employment position the compensation fee amounts to:
- 115 € at a quota between 3% and up to 5%;
- 200 € at a quota between 2% and up to 3%;\
- 290 € at a quota of up to 2%.
Relief for small businesses:
- Employers offering less than 40 employment positions are required to employ one severely disabled employee; otherwise they have to pay a monthly compensation fee of 105 €
- Employers offering less than 60 employment positions are required to employ two severely disabled employees. In case they employ only one severely disabled employee, they have to pay a monthly compensation fee of 105 €. They have to pay 360 € per month if they fail to employ any severely disabled employee. This is due to the fact that the compensation fee rises to 180 € per reserved employment position, if two such positions are required.
- Strict adherence to the responsible employment agencies deadline (March 31st).
- Using the right forms. Either use the official blank forms, or use the REHADAT-Elan software. You can download the software from www.rehadat-elan.de.
- Please keep in mind that the report must be filed by the deadline even it has not been requested!
Failing to report, as well as missing the deadline, might lead to a fine of up to 10.000 €.
According to Section 1 Socialcode IX businesses, that contract recognized craft shops for the severely disabled for orders, may reduce the compensation fee. The compensation fee may be reduced by 50% of the contract-sum, minus the material costs.